Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Out of This Universe Nails


Finally got around to actually doing the galaxy nails myself, rather than reblogging the pictures on my Tumblr!
It was surprisingly very easy, and I'm a type of person who hates doing complicated designs on my nails and give up. The nail polishes I used were from drugstores, so super inexpensive and easy to find!

Nail polishes I used:
-Sally Hansen Double Duty Base Coat
-Sally Hansen Hard as Nails Xtreme Wer in 24 Black Out (love the formula and brush for this!)
-Spoiled by Wet'n'Wild in S047 Deeper Dive
-Sally Hansen Hard as Nails in 260 Wet Cement (gray color)
-Revlon Top Speed in 610 Lily (lavender color)
-Sally Hansen Insta-Dry in 120 Whirlwind White
Sally Hansen Hard as Nails in 180 Disco Ball (Do not recommend this one, rather get a fine glitter with only silver meld)
-Sally Hansen Insta-Dry Top Coat

What you'll need:
-Makeup sponge
-Toothpick
-Q-tip
-Nail polish remover

How I did this nail:
1. Apply base coat.
2. Apply thin one or two coats of black polish all over the nail
3. With the makeup sponge, dab the teal color (Deeper Dive) in partial areas.
4. After that, dab some gray color around the teal parts to lighten up and imitate the galaxy.
5. Dab some lavender or a sheer hot pink around some edges.
6. Go back with the teal color, if it does not show up enough.
7. With a toothpick, dot some visible stars on the nail. (I did about 3 to 4 stars because I have a big nail bed. If your nail bed is small, I would go for 2 or 3.)
8. Apply  thin coat of fine glitter polish all over to imitate millions of stars.
9. Apply your top coat if you want your design and hard work to shine and last long! I usually apply two coats of the top coat if I want it to go about a week without chipping.

For those who learn better with visuals(like me), I'm going to link you a YouTube tutorial on this that I found the most helpful out of all the other thousands of galaxy nail tutorials. Hope you find this helpful!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJjBRvf1rR8

I have created a photography blog to keep track of my progress, so please check it out and follow! It would mean a lot to me. Thanks!

Until next post...
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment