Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Love at First Sight

|IMAGE VIA STYLENANDA.COM|

This winter, I've been strangely into the color BLACK. Something about this color fascinates me. Recently, my mood has been very grounded and calming--although college application process did not help that. I felt that wearing pieces incorporating black expressed that and I also enjoy how it looks modern and sleek against my body. I was looking in my wardrobe and I realized I did not own any black outerwear. It was a shocker because black outerwear is such a basic and a versatile piece. So being a shopaholic myself, I was--and still am--on a hunt for a black outerwear and I stumbled upon this black long coat from Stylenanda.com. It was love at first sight. This coat has an androgynous feel to it with its straight waist line, which I actually enjoy. What sold me was the leather lapel. Black (faux) leather has been one of my obsessions this winter, so having that aspect in this coat was just amazing. Unfortunately, there are two downsides of this specific coat. I'm not sure how it is going to fit on my body type as this coat only comes in one free size. Another drawback was the price of $140. It's not too bad considering its quality and the number of details this jacket contains.This coat is one of those pieces that you have to give it some time to think about its value. Will this fit in my wardrobe seamlessly? Will I have at least 10 different outfits with this jacket? If you can't answer these two questions, just pass it on.

Hopefully I will look back on this post later this week or so and decide if I really want this coat or not. If I find an alternative piece, I will probably have an outfit post with it.

Until next post...


2 comments:

  1. I know right? Your comment only encourages me to go ahead and buy it haha.

    ReplyDelete